Are You Ready for College?
Planning your career pathway
You may have lots of choices to make about what to study and what career path to choose. Start your career plan by thinking about your interests, what you're good at, and how you might develop them into a career pathway.
Here are some helpful questions to consider before you make any decisions:
- What are your interests? Do you know what type of work you like?
- Are you seeking specific credentials to help qualify for a job or program?
- Are you academically prepared for the program you want to study? Do you have the basic entrance requirements?
- Do you have the financial resources you need?
- What kind of class environment are you looking for? For example, do you learn best by doing, studying, or discussion? Also consider class size and the relationship you expect to have with your instructors and other students.
- Do you want to study full-time, part-time? Are you looking for flexibility of doing some courses in a classroom and others online?
Unsure about your interests and career options?
Career in Gear is an online experience that uses interactive games to help you learn more about who you are, what motivates you, how to explore occupations and discover NSCC programs which may align with your interests and goals. Follow a series of fun, easy-to-complete steps that will guide you through a career-planning process, Try it out and sign up for an account today – careeringear. 188 slot online www.hairlossandcure.com
Need the right credits to continue?
As you explore post-secondary program options, you may discover that you need additional academic credits. If you’re missing required academic entrance credits, we offer a variety of credit courses through our Academic & Career Connections program so that you can meet program admission requirements.
Prepare for college and upgrade your essential skills
If you are looking to improve your reading, writing, and/or math skills, we offer a number of Continuing Education courses throughout the year that may help you set the right foundation for your college journey. Continuing Education courses are delivered part-time, evenings, weekends, online and/or face-to-face.
Helping others make good career decisions
Making a good career decision can be difficult. You or someone you know may be feeling the pressure to make the right choice. If you are a parent, friend or family member who wants to help, read these important tips on how you can support others in their career exploration journey.
Ready to apply?Apply
Need help? Contact us:
Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday:
8 AM – 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Mailing Address from outside Canada:
Use Courier address:
5685 Leeds St.
Halifax, NS B3K 4M2
P.O. Box 220
Halifax, NS B3J 2M4