African Canadian Student Supports
At times, it is helpful and comforting to have a point of contact with someone who shares a similar ethnicity as you. If you are a member of the African Canadian community, NSCC African Canadian Supports advisors can answer your questions and help you find the information, services and tools you need to succeed in your program.
NSCC African Canadian Supports advisors work with the campus community to offer prospective and current students culturally specific supports, as well as host African Canadian student gatherings, cultural events, and other culturally relevant activities.
NSCC offers an Africentric adult learning option for African Canadians who want to complete their high school diploma. Learn more about the African Canadian Transition Concentration available at the Akerley Campus.
If you are moving to a new community for your NSCC program, adjusting to the community and the campus environment can be challenging. Your advisors in Student Services are here to help.
Your Advising Team
- Introduces you to resources on campus and in the community
- Offers help with the College application process
- Supports your career planning and learning choices
- Helps you find a tutor to support your academic success
- Provides you with information and guidance on applying for bursaries and scholarships
- Helps you identify possible funding sources (including emergency supports)
- Connects you with other African Canadian learners
- Promotes events and experiences that honour and celebrate African heritage
Reach out to your Student Services Advisor and African Canadian Supports person: